Sunday, August 25, 2013

Hello Alpha!


This is "Alpha". He is my new desktop computer that I constructed during the summer.
So why is he called Alpha?
Well for one thing I love Greek lettering.
For another this is the first computer that I ever bought all the parts for and constructed.
And finally, Alpha has blue lights and a computer so I thought of Church (or as he is now known as Epsilon/Alpha) from Red vs. Blue so I figured it was appropriate.
Just gotta keep him away from team killers....
A list of all his parts is after the break.

CPU:  Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core
CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS9500 AT Ball Bearing (Zalman kinda screwed me on this, they gave me screws that were too short. ...haha see what I did there? Yes? No? Okay moving on.)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB)
Storage: Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB 2.5" SSD
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 660 2GB
Case: Antec Nine Hundred ATX Mid Tower Case
OS: Windows 7 Professional Full (64 bit) (I'm sorry I can't really cope with Windows 8)
Monitor: Asus VE258Q 25" (FRIGGIN AWESOME! Makes animating in Maya soooo much easier)

Here are some more pictures:





Love you Alpha!! <3>

Still have my old laptop because I still have need of her. And she still runs well (not as well as Alpha) but she's doing well. Idk to me, the bigger computers are male and laptops are female...I'm weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment