Monday, August 26, 2013

Attempting to Paint Digitally

So the mark of a new semester, I'm taking an advanced painting class this semester as well as an introduction to modeling in Maya. I am both terrified of the idea and incredibly excited about taking these two classes. I mean of course I'm taking two G.E. courses. Anyways, I don't have that much experience with painting digitally so this was an interesting assignment to do. We had to copy the painting (not paint over it) to the best of our abilities for 90 minutes. And this was the result.
Original:                                                    

landscape 8-21

Copy (no real need to point it out but thought might as well):

I'll be honest, this wasn't all that great, fun, but definitely not great. But the idea is to keep getting better at it throughout the semester! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment